Having applied to a large number of internships throughout the past school year, I was able to secure an offer from a small naval architecture firm in Houston, TX for the summer. The company I am interning for is Alan C. McClure Associates, Inc. I needed to be in Houston by May 5th for a large conference, the Offshore Technology Conference. It is the largest oil and gas sector trade show in the world. My boss was able to get me a guest pass to attend one day of the 4 day event so I was able to tour the conference and the many exhibits, albeit by myself.
In order to get to Houston with all of my belongings, a 20 hour road trip was in order. As I was in no mood to make this trip on my own, Laurel came along for the ride. We left on Tuesday and drove around 15 hours to Hope, AK. Hope is the home of our 42nd president, Mr. Bill Clinton (and by is, I mean is, because I understand that word is hard to define). We then finished the drive to Houston the next day, staying with Laurel's brother and sister in law and later her aunt and uncle until I was able to move into my apartment that weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment